In the jungle of Paraguay—in the Chaco—Eduard Klassen grew up on a remote Mennonite colony, one of six boys. His early life was marked by a poor but carefree existence. He loved the outdoor life and the opportunities for adventure that living in the jungle provided.
Introduced to music at age seven by the radio ministry of HCJB, the Voice of the Andes, Eduard grew to love the melodies and the gospel message he heard across the airwaves. Getting his own harp at seventeen, Eduard’s love of music blossomed. From the jungle of Paraguay to Canada, and then stages, halls, churches and concert halls all over the world—this is Eduard’s story, a story of passion and of grace.
Christine Klassen was born and raised in Ontario, Canada, and has played the piano since 1976. She studied nursing in Stratford, Ontario and graduated as an R.N.
The Klassen’s have experience in a variety of settings including churches of most denominations, large and small concerts, banquets, fundraisers, and ministry to seniors. They have made numerous appearances on radio & television including Charles Price of the People’s Church (Living Truth Television Program) and Toronto’s “100 Huntley Street”. They have also recorded 23 albums, 5 DVD’s, and 1 Book. Tours have taken them to 43 countries having performed over 5000 concerts in the past 36 years.
At age 30, Eduard accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour, and since then has followed the call into full time music ministry. When not touring, Eduard presently lives in Stratford, Ontario with his wife Christine, and their two sons, Mathias and Sheldon.
The Klassen’s prove the power of Philippians 4:19 by not setting a fee for their personal appearances, however, remuneration is typically addressed on an honorarium or freewill offering basis.
The Klassen’s would welcome the opportunity to join you in sharing the “Good News” of the gospel through music in your community.
“I’m working for the Lord”, says Eduard, “wherever He leads. In my life and in my travels I seek to uplift the Lord’s name. I love to tell others what God has done for me. My desire is to use my gift of music and testimony to exhort and encourage other people in all walks of life.
“We appreciate your prayers and encouragement as we minister and travel in different countries. We thank you for supporting us in this way.”
Read what others have said about Eduard Klassen, his ministry and his music…
- “Some weeks ago it was my privilege to team with Eduard at a church anniversary and was most impressed with this young man’s commitment to the Lord and the quality of his music. He is an accomplished musician who has the unique ability to weave his testimony with humour into his concerts. He is most flexible and able to fit into any opportunity for ministry. The spirit of his music ministry is most refreshing and is very well received. I do not hesitate to recommend this dear brother to you. He will do you good and your people will be blessed.”
Yours in His service Dr. Rev W. Lawson Director of Development
- “It is with great delight that I introduce you to Eduard Klassen. We have had Eduard at our church for several concerts, and he is one of our congregation’s favourite musicians. Eduard, who plays the Paraguayan harp, blends his unique style of humour with lively music to present the gospel music. Eduard’s testimony of how God uniquely saved him and brought him to Canada has always been an encouragement to me. I know you wlll be blessed as you enjoy his ministry.”
Rev. Daniel Winter, Bayfair Baptist Church – Pickering, ON
- “It was a real joy to meet you during your recent visit to our Officer’s Retreat at Jackson’s Point Conference Centre. I was so glad you were able to share in music and testimony with our delegates. You have a special story to tell and a beautiful testimony to share. The Lord is truly using and blessing you in a beautiful way through the skill of your Harp ministry. The musical package you shared was thoroughly enjoyed by all of the delegates… I have listened to your CD “Because He Lives” and thoroughly enjoy it. It will be a constant reminder of the special time that we were able to share together.”
Lieut. Col Robert Slous, Divisional Commander – Salvation Army Ontario South Divisional Headquarters
- “At the age of seven in the jungles of Paraguay, South America, Eduard first heard music through radio broadcasts from HCJB in Ecuador. Music then became a vital part of his life. God has gifted Eduard and his music today with the Paraguayan harp and it is a real blessing to many worldwide. Let him bless your heart.”
Craig Cook, Director for Canada, HCJB World Radio
- “I am delighted and privileged to share with you the ministry of Eduard Klassen. Recently, Eduard and I teamed up for a Trans World Radio tour across Alberta, Canada, and I can say that is was the best tour ever. His musical talent, along with his life-changing testimony are a public demonstration of the purpose and fulfillment of Christian missions by radio. Over and over again, our constituents gave very positive reports concerning Eduard’s blend of music from the Paraguyan harp, and his humorous, yet effective, story of salvation and call to ministry. I am confident you will be blessed and encouraged beyond measure by his concert. I am certain that your invitation will be your joy.”
Rev. Dennis W. Ford, Director of Stewardship & Ministry Development, Trans World Radio
- “Eduard has been very effective in a number of church gatherings in which I have been present, from large denominational events and smaller group events. He plays beautiful Christian music on the Paraguayan Harp. An accomplished musician he brings a delightful, happy atmosphere. The crowning moments however are when he shares his testimony of what the Lord has done for him. I commend him to you knowing he will bring a profitable ministry to a congregation.”
Pastor Charles Yates